Indications That You May Be in Need of a Cosmetic Dentist
A cosmetic tattooing Perth dentist was responsible for the diamond studded teeth encrusting Lil Wayne’s teeth. Of course you’ve probably never thought of having this procedure done on yourself but you may have a broken or cracked tooth, discoloration that whitening won’t help or a decaying tooth that needs a face lift. Whatever has turned you smile upside down a cosmetic dentist can help. So when do you chose a cosmetic dentist over a general dentist?
General dentistry concentrates on oral hygiene and preventing and treating oral disease. Cosmetic dentistry is an area of specialty focusing on the appearance of teeth. Basically, cosmetic dentistry is any practice that is not absolutely necessary. Cosmetic procedures are based on appearance, but some do provide restorative benefits.
With the technology available today, cosmetic dental procedures are safer, less painful and more effective than ever. More tooth-colored materials make cosmetic results dramatic yet natural-looking. Cosmetic dentist offer several smile-enhancing treatments:
- Composite Fillings – Cosmetic Dentists commonly use dental fillings to treat decaying teeth. In the past fillings were made materials that left dark spots on teeth. Today, cosmetic dental procedures offer porcelain or composite materials for fillings that very closely match the color of your teeth. They can even replace older fillings with newer, less visible materials.
- Teeth Whitening – One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry requests is teeth whitening. Many patients want a whiter smile for special events like weddings, anniversaries, graduations and other special occasions. Teeth are often stained from coffee, wine, smoking and certain foods.
- Porcelain Veneers – Another cosmetic dental option that improves the appearance of smiles are porcelain laminates, which bond to the surface of teeth to repair chips and reduce discoloration. Veneers may also be recommended if you have gaps in your teeth or if teeth whitening was unsuccessful.
- Porcelain Crowns – Porcelain crowns help limit crowding and repair teeth that stick out. Not only are they used to fix dental problems, but they lighten teeth and make gaps narrower. In order for crowns to fit, a thin layer is shaved off teeth and then the crowns are bonded to the teeth
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges – For anyone missing teeth, a great way to replace them is with a fixed porcelain bridge. Bridges also prevent shifting of teeth. If someone is suffering a speech impediment, has trouble chewing or is self-conscious of their smile because of missing teeth, having a permanent porcelain bridge is a cosmetic dental option many cosmetic dentists recommend.
- Dental Implants – Part of a prosthetic dentistry, dental implants.. are artificial tooth root replacements. These are ideal for anyone who suffers tooth loss. Dental implants often improve smiles and give patients a youthful appearance.
Cosmetic Dentists have the latest equipment and specialized training in cosmetic dentistry. With cosmetic dentistry treatments you can whiten your teeth, fill gaps, reduce discolorations and be happier with the appearance of your smile.